8310 Dayton Pike, Soddy-Daisy, TN 37379

(423) 842-1044

Welcome to
North Hamilton Church of Christ

About Us

 

North Hamilton Church of Christ, a group of concerned members of the church, started meeting on October 19, 1969, then known as South Daisy Church of Christ. The first Sunday service was held in the old Daisy Elementary School Library. After two weeks, services were moved across the street to the Soddy-Daisy Jaycees building where they continued until the property was purchased in 1969 at 8372 Dayton Pike. At this time, the congregation changed the name to North Hamilton Church of Christ. 


The first sermon was preached by Garnett Randolph, an elder at Signal Hills Church of Christ. He also aided in finding a preacher for North Hamilton. Johnny Edmonson was hired on a part-time basis and continued with North Hamilton until January of 1972. Our first full-time preacher, William Wilder, came in June of 1972 and remained until July of 1972. After he left, Albert Fleetwood came in July of 1972 and stayed until May of 1974. 


In June of 1974, we were very fortunate to find a young man just beginning his work for the Lord, Jim Stewart. He and his wife, Ruth Ann, continued their great work until 2009 when Jim retired. 


After Jim's retirement, David B. Smith came to work with the brethren at North Hamilton. David and Ashley, his wife, and their daughters Evie Rose and Graceley consider themselves blessed to be working with such good Christians.