To Our North Hamilton Family,
It seems like forever since we have come together to worship and see those whom we have been missing for too long; however, it is now time to move towards returning to at least a form of normalcy.
As previously mentioned, June 7 is the target date to begin this process. Although this will not be the same as we experienced before Covid-19, we pray that we will soon return to the services we once enjoyed.
On June 7 we will follow this format:
· There will be two morning services. The first begins at 9:00 for those whose last name begins with the letter A through L. The second service will begin at 10:15 for those with last names beginning with the letter M through Z. This allows us to meet while still maintaining social distancing called for by both federal and state authorities. Immediate families can worship at the same time regardless of the first letter of their last name.
· There will be no Bible classes and no Sunday or Wednesday evening services at this time. David will continue to have a Wednesday evening lesson on YouTube at six o'clock.
· Again, to maintain social distancing, every other pew will not be used and will be marked appropriately.
· Each member will have an individual communion packet to use at the appropriate time. As you exit the building, there will be collection trays at all exits where you may deposit your contribution.
While this is not where we want to be, we hope it is a small step in the right direction,
Finally, and perhaps the hardest of all, we are asked to observe the following:
· Maintain social distancing.
· Wearing masks are not required, but it is certainly permissible and even encouraged if this is more comfortable to you.
· We realize that we can hardly wait to shake hands, give a hug, or just wrap our arms around the shoulder of those we have not seen for some time; however, this is where we must consider the feelings of others. There are many who are deeply concerned about the possibility of being infected with the virus, so please recognize this and refrain from physical contact at this time. There will come a time when handshakes hugs, etc., will be most appropriate.
Once again, as social distancing seems to be the main issue facing many, the following is recommended when exiting the building following the service:
Those sitting on the left side of the auditorium facing the pulpit, may exit via the door at the front of the auditorium and then leave through the north (toward Thrasher Pike) hallway.
Those sitting on the right side of the auditorium may exit through the door at the front of the auditorium and then through the south hallway.
Those sitting in the middle pews may exit through the double doors and the main exits.
·Finally, if you are not comfortable returning to the building at this time, we understand, and you should certainly remain at home. If you are the least bit under the weather, please remain at home rather than risk having the virus and passing it to others. We will still have David’s lesson on YouTube
The elders never envisioned a situation where a letter such as this was needed; however, we face conditions we never imagined we would see. We do understand that there are many items in the letter that we wish were not present, but we do want all to feel comfortable coming to worship and for our gathering to be as safe as it can possibly be. Pray that this will soon pass, and we will all come together at the same time with no one fearing the close contact that it will entail.
In His service, your elders,
Willard Art Joel
Bible classes for children and adults of all ages.
Morning worship service
Posted to YouTube by 11:00 A.M.
Evening Worship Service
Currently Available on YouTube Only
Tuesday mornings, 10:00 - 11:00 am
Unfortunately, our Annual Summer Series has been cancelled due to COVID-19
Copyright © 2018 North Hamilton Church of Christ - All Rights Reserved.